Subject: [Leica] Selling prints online and prices
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 17:30:02 -0500

I sell prints fairly often off my website. It took a long time to get to
that point though and I think the fact that I've exhibited and published
numerous times over a long period of years helps make people willing to
spend the money for my prints. I have over 1000 images on my site, so people
can see that I am a serious artist with a deep body of work and long
history. People who buy art value that, its more important than the image in
many cases, sad to say. That said, I earn much more money selling my images
as stock photos from my site than I do selling prints. That's fine by me, I
make more money on stock sales. No print to make and ship, image is a file
emailed to the buyer, and often I can demand higher licensing fees than I'd
get selling a print.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography