Subject: [Leica] was Super Angulon 21 fan? now metering 21 SA
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 08:34:28 -0600

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Nathan <photo at frozenlight.eu> wrote:

> Funny enough, I tried one on my M8 in a shop on Blvd. Beaumarchais this
> morning, and while it mounted fine, the light metering was inoperative with
> the lens on.

While that is true enough, in that the meter doesn't read the sensor, it
does make a ballpark reading.  My experience with all 21mm lenses is that
you just set them and forget them pretty much.

I  mainly use my SA 21 on a MDa which has no meter, and uses an auxiliary
viewfinder, so most everything is set using the old Cassidy/Carter free
lightmeter.  It works well enough on the M8 of course, being a rather
incredible timeless adaptation of an Eastman Kodak invention

http://www.sonc.com/lightmeter.htm

--
Regards,

Sonny