Subject: [Leica] Super Angulon 21 fan?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 01:13:22 -0500

> I used to really malign this lens, that is until this year. I had one, and
> also the F4 LTM. I had a photo mural go up, 8.5x21 feet. There is a
> section in
> there, 4x6 feet, taken with a late 21 S/A. I have to admit, it translated
> information in the shadows areas better than anything else on the wall.
> Yes, I
> ate crow.
> S.d.

For me the 21mm Super-Angulon-M ?3.4 will always be a main reason for
shooting Leica M.  For many people the only reason. A dream lens.
A true wide angle lens. Not retrofocus.
A minute foot print. Its tiny.
Love it.  Super corrected at the edges for architected work like a
retrofocal design only dreams to be. And I don't care about some drop off of
light at the perimeters.

Can it be compared to the exquisite monster the 21 ASPH?
A retrofocal lens?

One needs both.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner