Subject: [Leica] Picture size
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:51:25 -0600

Bob,

In my recollection, the "old-time studio" print sizes, which I learned from
my late father-in-law, were 5x7, 8x10, and 11x14.  None of these match the
35mm frame, but, when the cameras in use were sized for 4x5, 5x7, and split
5x7 (3.5x5), and these old print paper sizes were readily available from
photo supply houses, few photographers worried about the 35mm shape.  They
just cropped to fit the available paper.

I have done little printing in recent years, but, I gather that there are
many more options in paper sizes today.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA