Subject: [Leica] Sensor cleaning revisited
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 19:24:01 -0600

On 3/4/2010 6:26 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>> Hey Mark:
>> Why does Glock sell small shovels? I'm asking seriously. I mean my first
>> thought was, if you have a Glock can't you just force others to dig
>> trenches
>> for you with their hands? But no, I mean it, why do they sell these?>
>> snip
>>
> Because if your gun jams you can hit the guy over the head with your
> shovel?
> If its made by Glock you can hit him repeatedly before running out of hits.
> I think warfare has usually been all about finding the deepest hole and
> climbing in it. A solder loves his shovel. Without one he'd have not hole
> climb in.
> I think Bill Mauldin goes into this with his Willie and Joe, series.
> Which he won a Pulitzer for.
> http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080513/willie-joe_l.jpg
>

> [Rabs]
> Mark William Rabiner

It is just another good thing to have in your trunk, like flashlights
and blankets - not meant for digging trenches, just light or emergency
use.  It is also a small saw.  It is maybe another Gaston Glock
invention.  As I recall, he had no firearms experience before he
designed the Glock "safe action" pistol, intended for police to make an
easy transition from the old-fashioned revolvers to a semi-auto weapon.
Obviously it was a big hit.  There was also another guy, far less well
known, who had never held a gun but invented a conversion so that only
its owner could fire it - popular with undercover folk.  My wife and
sister each have one.  I am nice to them.  Very nice.