Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 44, Issue 159
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 20:15:08 -0500

> Although Leica may be one of the most recognized brand names in the
> world, second only to Mickey Mouse, few people recognize a real Leica
> when they see one. My M Leicas and CL go almost unnoticed when I
> photograph antique cars and farm machinery. In fact most people think
> the CL is a cheap film P&S camera. The only Leica that most folks know
> about is this one:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Leica+IIIc+with+3M+Safty+Walk+Nonskid
> +tape_.png.html
> "Is that a Leica?" I get asked all the time. "My grandfather owned one
> just like it."
> Larry Z

I have old ladies on the bus asking me if my camera is a Leica.
Though the fact that it says "Leica" on it is often a dead giveaway.
I can see people thinning your Contax, Nikon or Bessa is a Leica.

You get someone who's been around a bit longer than most the word "Leica"
and "camera " are almost synonymous.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner