Subject: [Leica] IMG: New Leica stack
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 03:50:53 -0500

> Well its a low rise development! How about this one?
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/Family+portrait.jpg.html
>  At least one dual level structure. We were Verboten from stacking anything
> on the main component, but then there was a tsunami alert here. However I
> did threaten to brass it up somewhat with another piece here.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/S2X1.jpg.html
> Note the very important use of DoF to reduce the unattractive mid-ground
> element
>

> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 1 March 2010 12:50, Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> An uncommon sight in Australia from the weekend. Shot with an S2. More to
>>> follow plus back story for those interested.
>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hoppyman/2/M9x3.jpg.html
>>>

>> Very interesting sight indeed, but I've seen Leicas stacked, even stacked
>> few, and Buddy, them Leicas ain't stacked, they're arranged. ;-)
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sonny
>> http://www.sonc.com
>> http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/
>> Natchitoches, Louisiana
>> (+31.754164,-093.099080)
>>
>> USA

I'm also fond of comparison shots with the S2 against top of the line Canon
and Nikon DSLR's. As it is smaller. Though no Barnack.
http://www.juzaphoto.com/shared_files/articles/leica_s2/leica_s2_photo1.jpg
Hoppys photography is better.
Though this Canon is impressively used. And would be brassy if  it had any
brass. So its magnesiumisy.
Maitani the designer of the Pen f and OM2 would be impressed by the Leica
S2. As it is in effect a larger format in a smaller camera.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: New Leica stack)