Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Wide Angle 35mm f/2 Biogon T* ZM
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:22:29 -0600

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at
gmail.com>wrote:

> I cannot tell the camera or lens or system used by looking at a print at
> normal viewing
> distances -

Jay, I know that.  However, editors don't look at things at normal viewing
conditions, they do outrageous crops.

 What Wendy wants to know is what is the best overall value.  I maintain
that the best investment is the Leica.   Remember, she is a professional
working in rough conditions.

 It is better built; there are spare parts available. I'll just bet that's
not the case with the ZM.

No one has given a good argument about the lack of the little focus tab on
the Zeiss.  Once you've gotten used to that you hate to use other manual
focus lenses.   My two favorite lenses have it.  The 35mm Summicron asph,
and the C/V  15mm M.

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com