Subject: [Leica] Follow David Alan Harvey on twitter - M9, GF1 use
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:05:41 -0500

> I'm spoiled by the D3 and it's superman like writing/processing speeds,
> I'll
> admit it. Have to relearn to slow it down when I'm shooting the M8. And
> really it's not that slow. I can fire off 3 images pretty quick, sure I'll
> have to wait for the buffer to catch up after 6, but then again I'm not
> having to open the bottom plate and change film after 36 exposures. Which
> by
> today's standards, would be slow as hell.
>
> Chris
> NOLA

What about in the 90's and 80's?
Did you HAVE to shoot with a Nikon F4 or 5 at 8 frames a second with AF?
No if you were one of the top photographers perhaps in Magnum you were
plodding along with a thumb advance M6 with the other hand focusing the lens
and won Pulitzer prizes.

Now is it any different?
No thumb advance. Is an M9 slower than an M6?
Leica has always been in some ways slower than shooting with a motor driven
SLR or now DSLR. But in some ways faster and better.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner