Subject: [Leica] Will you put filter infront of your Noctilux
From: rhart76 at gmail.com (Roger Hart)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:55:49 -0500

A filter on a lens is another layer of protection, not only from the
elements like rain, snow and sand. Not to mention a lick from a dog. Trust
me...if a dog licks one of your lenses...clean it off quickly. Another
protection is in case the lens gets dropped or banged against a hard
surface. Much cheaper to replace a dinged filter than the lens. People can
talk all they want about not wanting to put another piece of glass in front
of their expensive lens...but if you buy a high-quality filter, no one in
the world could tell the difference in your photographs. I look at filters
as just a little insurance policy.

Roger Hart
Detroit