Subject: [Leica] Belgian Ale test -- where's Nathan?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:06:51 -0800

Sweet taste in beer turns me off.. I like it more bitter.....personal
taste....   I do like Bass...

The absolute worst beer I ever tasted was a locally produced
Chocolate/Raspberry concoction... HORRID!
My wife loved it.... go figure.....

Yes, I do like the English craft beers, but the big brewery fizzy beers are
something I only drink if I must ( like that is all that is available....)

The US has a great number of IPA's.... from local microbreweries.  I usually
search them out.  Never found one that I did not like.....

My "daily" brew, however, is Schlitz Malt Liquor....   Available in my local
supermarket....bitter, strong, and,...... dare I say it?  ... cheap.

Frank Filippone
red735i at earthlink.net

I see Frank you won't agree with me on the rueing  of the 'big bready sweet
ales'.  I still think very highly of Bass however. Not American of course,
but I believe it's in the IPA style. Of course the "I" belonged to the Brits
for a while. But the American's have taken the style and turned it into
liquid cookies.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Belgian Ale test -- where's Nathan?)