Subject: [Leica] Infrared markings
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip F)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 22:52:54 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I'm looking for an accurate scale marking location for IR on a few Leica
lenses:
50mm Summicron "rigid"
90mm Tele-Elmarit M
90mm Elmarit (chrome older version)

Looking at this feature, or lack thereof on my Leica lenses makes me wonder
why none of them have IR markings yet all of my other lenses ZM, Canon and
Nikkor have IR markings.

Now that I have an M8 I can really afford to experiment using infrared but
I'd like to be able to focus, even with a 35mm IR index marking for those
formulations. Optimally, I'd like to tape an index mark on the lenses for
the different CoC of the M8 sensor format.
Thanks all.
Phil Forrest