Subject: [Leica] Shoot your Leica R glass with a mirrorless SAMSUNG¹S NX
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 03:02:31 -0500

Patterned after 4/3s cameras but with twice the sensor size as in APS-2 the
SAMSUNG?S NX seems like a nifty way to get your Leica R glass going.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09030201samsungnxsystem.asp

The adaptors are made in Germany by Novoflex
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10022306novoflexnx.asp

Will also get Sony Alpha, Pentax K or Olympus OM glass going.
And Nikon f with aperture control ring like in its Micro Four Thirds to
Nikon F adapter.
I find this exciting.
To me a compact camrea is an APS-2 format which is a few millimeters away
from half frame which is 18x24.
4/3's format is half that which to me is just taking it unnecessarily far if
the cameras are going to be as big as the APS-2 cameras. At least for this
day and age.
And for glass designed for full frame.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner