Subject: [Leica] Vienna
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:59:09 -0500

> The castles on the Rhine

The castles on the Rhine  are separated from each other by miles and miles
of vineyards. One might not realize how much in the booze biz Germany was
and is. One thinks of such countries as France or Italy or California on
such things. But no Germany is a big contender. I used to love ice cold
Riesling. Colder than you were supposed to drink it.
I shot the mighty Rhine in a boat Saturday September 30th, 2006 with a bunch
of Leica historical society of America people.
I shot most of the castles with a 90 elmar on a Leica IIIF.
With film which I bought at a tourist stand right by the boat.
The film  had been lovingly baked in the sun for months.
But with some better scans might give results a big less interesting.
As of now it looks very Heinlein. Its not even a fine line.
I'm afraid I have nothing negative to say about the experience.
Germany looked a lot like fairyland to me in every respect I could imagine.
When I got back I search engined many of our basic fairy tail people and
sure enough either guys mom was German or he was German. Or the guy next
door.
The point being our definition of "fairyland" having an unexpectedly German
influence.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner