Subject: [Leica] IMG: Trumpeter Swan
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 20:01:44 -0600

On 2/20/2010 4:26 PM, Doug Herr wrote:
> A pair of Trumpeter Swans have been visiting a pond in nearby Placer
> County.  These birds are only the second recorded sighting of this species
> in Placer county (the first was last spring at the same location).
>
> The most significant problem I faced in making these photos was the 180mm
> f/2.8 APO-Elmarit-R's minimum focus distance.
>
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/trsw01.html
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/anatidae/trsw02.html
>
> technical stuff: R8/DMR, 180mm f/2.8 APO-Elmarit-R, shoulder stock&
> monopod.  All comments welcome.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Absolutely beautiful, the first in particular.  In trsw01, what would
you think about cloning out the small light patch at the top left-hand
corner, or is that heresy?  My eye seems to go to it.  ( I have been
trying new monitor calibration software for Windows 7 this evening for
an hour or so, so I may be sight-impaired).

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma