Subject: [Leica] Yosemite...
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:08:35 -0800

Steve.

Scout it out for me.  I'll be there the last week in April.  I had
reservations for two nights in January but were turned back by the weather.
Well, actually by the ranger and the state patrol.  The hwy in from the
south was closed past Wawona due to high winds and white-out conditions on
the ridge into the valley, and the north route was closed by a mud slide.
Would have been beautiful, as the snow on the way from Oakdale to the
entrance was gorgeous.  I can only imagine what the valley floor was like.
We made that trip two January's ago and it was great then, but this time
there was more snow.

We always take the hike to Vernal falls, and take the mist trail.  Bring
rain gear for you and your camera.  I spend a lot of time trying to get
photos in the mist.  Take lots of lens paper.  Those clothes don't take away
the water good enough.  Haven't tried a piece of skivvies, yet.  I am
working on one of those flip-up lens caps.  I want to cut away the black
plastic on the cover and replace it with some glass so, when stuck in the
mist of a falls, I can perhaps frame and focus my shot, flip the cap up and
quickly take the shot, then flip it back down in an attempt to perhaps cut
back on the moisture on the lens.  I may be able to provide some feedback on
that in May.  I use a OpTech rain sleeve to protect the rest of the gear.

Have fun.  Any snow there now?  Maybe just lots of water.

Aram

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Yosemite...)