Subject: [Leica] Kookaburra in Sydney today
From: justin at sprawl.com.au (Justin Viiret)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:09:07 +1100

Hi,

In my experience, kookaburras have always looked a bit scruffy -- we had
them in the backyard all the time where I grew up in Adelaide. Here's
another one:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jviiret/13789448/>

They occasionally eat snakes here, too -- one day I wandered out of the
house with the camera and _just_ managed to squeeze off two frames of one
that had just caught its lunch, a young brown snake:

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/jviiret/12778764/>

jv

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Kookaburra in Sydney today)
Message from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] Kookaburra in Sydney today)