Subject: [Leica] mephisto walking shoes over doctor merten oxfords?
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:16:47 +1030

> It's not the Eighties any more. ?And Docs don't seem to have much arch
> support to speak of, and the last pair I used up was on the verge of
> having both its leather uppers and the sole crack where they flexed.

This is what happened to every pair I had.  I gave up on them, but got
a new pair recently.  i wear them lightly.

> I'm not sure the construction is up to snuff anymore, although I
> haven't tried a pair in about ten years.

The new ones made in China seem about as good as any Docs back to the
early 1980s.  They all wear out fast on my feet.

I love Keen's: http://www.keenfootwear.com/  I have a brown pair for
brown days and a black pair for black days.  More comfortable on my
feet than Mephistos.  For hiking I prefer Scarpas.  I am also partial
to RM Williams boots www.rmwilliams.com.au for dressy occasions and
Blundstone's www.blundstone.com for when I need steel caps and
chemical resistance.

Remember Abbas' advice: http://tinyurl.com/6y5a2j  !!!