Subject: [Leica] Elmar question
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip F)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 21:48:29 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Did Leitz ever release a non-collapsible version of the 50mm f/3.5
Elmar? I understand its role as a very portable, pocketable lens and I
love the way that it draws. I really do like using it on the M8 but the
aperture is a pain and the ability to accidentally unlock the lens to
have it jam into the shutter is unnerving (a few thick rubber bands
take care of this).
If there were a non-collapsible 50mm Elmar with a conventional aperture
control, I'd definitely love to use one.
Thanks all.
Phil Forrest