Subject: [Leica] WTB: 90mm Elmarit or Tele-Elmarit, et al.
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip F)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 19:23:03 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

I'm looking for an optically sound 90mm Elmarit or Tele-Elmarit.
I don't care about cosmetics as long as the glass is good. I'd prefer an
Elmarit but the TE would work just fine, and lighten my load, to boot.
My 10.5cm Nikkor is amazing but just huge. As big as a 1st gen 90
Summicron.

I'm also looking for a "Rigid" (2nd Gen) 50mm Summicron helicoid with
nominal focal length of 5.19 or 51.9. I'm wanting to swap my
optical unit from my DR Summicron to a rigid helicoid body so I can use
my favorite lens on my M8 at infinity. (I will cut up a lot of camera
parts with a dremel tool, but not the close focus cam on my DR.)

I'm also mulling about the idea of moving to a fast 35mm now that I've
got the M8. This would be a CV 35mm f/1.4 or preferably a beat up
Summilux with good glass. I could even do a Canon 35mm f/1.5 but would
rather stick with either old Leica or more modern glass. I love coma,
but I have to draw the line somewhere... ;) I wish Zeiss would release
a 35mm f/1.4 lens.

Thanks all.
Phil Forrest