Subject: [Leica] False start explained well
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:10:01 -0500

Steve Barbour wrote:

can one through vigorous training, create a reflex arc of this sort, if one
is not there initially...?
<<<

I doubt it but I have no way of knowing for certain.  At the performance
level where the reaction time is given the most scrutiny, the athletes are
the outliers in many respects even without considering a (hypothetical)
reflex arc.  In testing for this sort of thing I'd want to test the
individuals involved i.e. those who were though to have reacted too
quickly, not just the typical athlete.  The first thing I'd look for is the
leg sensing the sound of the starter's pistol.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft?

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] False start explained well)