Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lovely Day in the Neighborhood
From: hewthompson at (Hugh Thompson)
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 00:25:32 +0430

Tina - thank you.  Yes, that may be why cook does not give me any
fresh green veggies, and, given what you say, maybe I don't want them

I will shortly post photos of my trip to a country house today,
together with an Afghan lunch.  BBQ meat etc.  No veggies!

On 30-Jan-10, at 12:04 AM, Tina Manley wrote:

> That looks exactly like where I used to live in Iran!  There was a
> bakery
> making the same bread - cooked on hot pebbles and delicious.  And
> the jube -
> open sewer - running through the village.  The wealthy people live
> at the
> top of the jube and the poor people at the bottom.  It gets more
> polluted as
> it goes along.  I have a photo somewhere of a woman brushing her
> teeth with
> water from the jube.  Vegetable vendors would get scoops of water
> out of the
> jube to sprinkle on the vegetables and make them look fresh.  I had
> to soak
> all vegetables in disinfectant before we could eat them.
> I'm enjoying your photos.  It's a small world!

Message from images at (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Lovely Day in the Neighborhood)