Subject: [Leica] First time behind the (thumb)wheel of an M8 (5 photos)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:47:47 +1000

Yes, as Gene says, added later (with the M8.2 introduction) in response to
customer requests, rather than planned for originally. It doesn't make sense
to use the delayed cocking function with continuous release mode of course.
Sort of like jamming down the brake pedal and accelerator concurrently.
Nevertheless a few customers quickly discovered it was possible. With the
proper integration of the discreet (and now also soft) modes into the menu
selections this combination has been eliminated in the M9 design.
 Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman