Subject: [Leica] OT: Black Leica, black Rolex
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:56:02 -0500

2010-01-27-12:36:02 Joseph Yao:
> Given my engineering background, Glashutte Original has remained my
> favourite brand - it offers the best balance in terms of engineering,
> quality, reliability and pricing.  It is still underrated at present, as

GO seems an intriguing brand -- especially so if (as seems hinted)
they actually design some of their own movements.  So many watches
have off-the-shelf or nearly so ETA movements.  Not crazy cheap, but
well short of the absolutely nutty prices.  Seems like approximately
IWC money.

Still well above my near-term-purchase price range these days.  I'm
enjoying my sturdy and appealing-to-me Damasco DA36, a daily-wearer
tool watch with what is so far the absolutely most functional face
I've ever seen.  The information just leaps into your brain with a
quick glance.  The fine background cross-hairs on the face, to which I
objected in principle when just looking at pictures of the watch, as
reducing the cleanless of the design, actually seem functional when
you wear the watch.  After you've worn it awhile, you stop even
consciously seeing the cross-hairs, but I think they act
subconsciously to let your eye/brain lock onto the watch's orientation
for easy reading.

As for people not wearing watches -- not wearing watches and not
listening to good radio as presented by talented and musically
knowledgeable DJs are two failings Kids Today often have;  they need
to be taught better.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] OT: Black Leica, black Rolex)
Message from joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao) ([Leica] OT: Black Leica, black Rolex)