Subject: [Leica] OT: Black Leica, black Rolex
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:38:09 -0700

ernie charcot wrote:

> I tried to give my son a watch for College Graduation but the kids today
> have no use for them. I have a watch, pager and cell phone and my 20
> something said he does all that with just a cell phone. I then pointed
> out to him that this is great so long as you remember to keep the phone
> charged......which he is bad at remembering!!!
>
> I have a 1950's Vacheron = that was my Grandfather's - don't know who to
> pass it onto - maybe I should shop it around and have the $ go to the M9
> !!!?

Must be a guy thing. Both my daughter's wanted and got a Swiss mechanical
watch for Highschool graduation gift from us. Grades of course had to be and
were to an acceptable standard. Number 1 daughter wanted, and received a
Rolex, number 2 daughter wanted an IWC Mark XII and got a Rolex as I could
not find a no longer made NOS woman's Mark XII. Both were told by me that if
and when times get tough and Dad has spent it all (letting his cheque to the
undertaker bounce) they can always cash in their watches for food.

So I've purchased two Rolex's in the last four years and still never owned
one myself.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390708/direct/01/