Subject: [Leica] Problem with new to me M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 00:14:55 -0500

> I'll humbly add my name to the list of luminaries.
>
> My M8 has been a worthy successor to my M6s and MP.
>
> Frustrating at first for me, no doubt.  First of all, you had to get
> those filters.  Mine originally had a bad sensor and had to be
> replaced.  I also had it back to Leica twice to get the rangefinder
> adjusted to be just right with the Noctilux.  I had a number of lenses
> sent in to get the coding.  Months went by with each step.  It was
> frustrating.  I admit, there were moments when it felt expensive and
> foolish.
>
> But after all the dust settled, I had a camera that could really take
> some nice photographs.  I could forget about the machine and think about
> images.  What more can you ask for in a camera?
>
> -rei

What more can I ask for in a camera?
A camera with about a tenth of those issues, Rei!.
A camera with about a none of those issues!
A camrea with no send backs. None.
I've never in my life had to send back a camera or a lens so  they could get
it right a second time let alone third. Or forth.
I'd love not to start now. Which is a main reason why I'd pay pie in the sky
prices for an M9 and WAIT rather than a grand or whatever the plummeting
price might be next week for an M8 almost guaranteed to give me problems.
And lots of em! I do really hate paying for problems even if its cheap. I
think the problems should have to pay for me. And I'd charge them a lot of
money.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka) ([Leica] Problem with new to me M8)