Subject: [Leica] Problem with new to me M8
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:06:48 +1000

Rabs, please excuse my edit for focus.
I agree that the M9 is the ideal purchase for M users of course but the M8
is still the same enormously capable camera it was prior to September 9. I
used mine for all of my photography for 2 years and it never hiccupped once.
Leica considers that a used M8 can be an entry path to M digital these days.
Locally the price is around one third of that of a new M9 (still in very
short supply of course). Especially if you have the M lenses that you want,
that can make a lot of sense. I was just  pointing out another option (aprt
from the mentioned demo) if a buyer was concerned about the very well
publicised issues with the first M8s to come to market. Its been a stable
mature camera since those were addressed and many thousands of us have use
them to our satisfation with great results and no issues at all.
 Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

.............To hopefully buy one when they first came up to continue the
Leica tradition
against all odds and the cost a fortune but maybe was worth it was one
thing.
To buy it now when the are being closed out, marked down, and standing in
the shadow of the M9 is another............
[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Problem with new to me M8)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Problem with new to me M8)