Subject: [Leica] A non-scientific comparison of the E3 and M8u
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:19:29 -0500

If  I had an M8 or M9 sitting on the table here looking at me;
It wouldn't be sitting on the table when I walked out the door.
It would be in my side Domke bag hanging off my shoulder ready too shoot a
picture in a few moments..
And I'd not be going out buying and using plastic auto focus point and shoot
DSLR's and having the M sit at home today instead or ever.

Its amazing to me the mentally of finally landing a choice amazing digital M
and then thinking....
"What other cameras now can I be buying and selling and justifying?"
With my landing of a M9 my buying  of cameras would pretty much end right
there.
I'd then go into the USING mode of photographic usage in my autumn years.
And the camrea I'd be using would be my M9.
Most people on the LUG despite the name of the list cannot relate to that.
Its still all about endless buying and selling. Trading in effect. And the
justifying of the above. Usually pretty lame.
You need a different camrea to go to the beach than to go to the park?
Baloney.
If photography is not a serious enough hobby for you I'd find another.
No self respecting stamp collector is going looking for tweezers when he's
already got a pair.
Or just call it playing with money. Which is what it is.

And yes I'd hold on to some nikon DSLR's for macro and long lens work.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner