Subject: [Leica] R8 Motor Drive Battery Replacement - with Battery URL
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:36:06 -0500

Hi Doug,

The URL you provided pointed to non-rechargeable LiIon batteries. I've got
an email off to Kindermann to get their opinion on rechargeable LiIon
batteries.

I suspect that even if the electronics in the motor can handle the voltage
difference, the charging circuitry will have to be different. LiIon
batteries have different charging rates (and other details).

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] R8 Motor Drive Battery Replacement - with Battery URL)
Message from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] R8 Motor Drive Battery Replacement)