Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 44, Issue 48
From: bs.pearce at cox.net (Sue Pearce)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:45:34 -0600

On acrylic vx. glass, I have generally used ordinary single strength window
glass from a commercial glazer. It is perhaps not entirely clear, as a tint
can be seen viewing th edge, but not so much green as to be noticable. I t
is very inexpensive.

I have used acrylic on large pieces, over 16x20. It is quite expensive,
although I have gotten it when taking large pieces to a framer, and from a
plastic supplier  it might be less expensive. It looks good, and is much
lighter than glass. Still, I fear about scratches.

There is "museum" glass available, but I think thats a bit like a digital
tripod. There is also AR glass, but that's really expensive, and if as hard
to keep clean as AR eyeglasses, forget it.

Bill Pearce