Subject: [Leica] Russian Pres and S2
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 21:52:41 +1000

It's no secret. Seal was asked to speak at the 9 September official launch
of the M9, S2 and X1 in New York. He owns and uses M's too and was a beta
tester of the M9 as well. His autographed picture is on the customer service
counter at Solms. The ladies there told me that they thought he was a
charming man. He certainly seems personable and genuine when you hear him
speak. He often mentions Leica in magazine articles.
During his speech he jokingly asked Herr Spiller is he could keep the S2
that he was handling. In an apparently impromptu gesture, Herr Spiller gave
it to him at the end of the presentation.
I thought that every Leica fan on the planet watched that presentation live
or thereafter!!! ;-)
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman