Subject: [Leica] GF-1 getting trashed on Wired.com
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:11:23 -0500

> Hi Mark,
> The GF1 EVF is an option, perhaps they were mot aware of it???
> The monitor LCD on the back is just like they all have.
> Frank
> by the way the first time I saw Electronic Viewfinder abbreviated to EVF
> was
> with my first VHS video camera about 25 years ago. Its use on this forum
> probably only started during the discussions of the EVF on the Leica (which
> was a chrome Panasonic LC1 forget the Leica model number), around 2003/2004
> winter. There was a -lot- of discussion about this at that time...

I've got it standing for Electronic viewfinder.
That would be the monitor on the back your looking at would it not? The Geek
name for it? Not an optical viewfinder with the same geeks call an OVF I
think.

If you were in a filled elevator and you said the EVF was busted on your
camrea how many people on it would have a clue in hell what you were talking
about? My guess would be one. The guy with the camera doing the talking.
The elevator operator might make  a stab at it and say it was the  Embedded
Vector Format and "would you make an emergency stop on the 5th and a half
floor?"
If you said your monitor was on the blink everyone would know what you were
talking about. And that includes on the bus or the Lobby of B&H. Kids and
Grandmas.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] GF-1 getting trashed on Wired.com)