Subject: [Leica] GF-1 getting trashed on Wired.com
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:13:24 -0500

Josef Brugger wrote:

People make the mistake of believing whatever hardware they have chosen
for themselves is the best that can possibly be and grow blind to
advances and improvements.
<<<

They can also be blind to individual preferences and to context outside
their own.

Is the GF1 the new Leica M3? Probably not but it shows definite progress in
that direction. In a year or two or three, someone will probably be selling
something the size of a Leica CL or a Minolta CLE that will accept M-mount
lenses and provide good results.
<<<

My personal opinion is that sooner or later the ILEV cameras will take a
lot of market share from the dSLR, high-end P&S and dRF segments of the
market.  It won't replace any of these market segments entirely but there
will be some very signifcant advantages of this type of camera.  I'm
looking forward to the day I can put an R lens on a full-frame ILEV camera.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application