Subject: [Leica] more on the GF-1, the finder, and a portrait of an artist
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 00:07:36 -0500

>> A little joke yes I'm sure the part of the rule you mentioned is when a
>> word
>> like ID you find out is an acronym then explaining it would just confuse
>> people. As its become a word in the common vernacular.
>> I bet some people know what an ID is but not what "identification" is.
>> Papers please! Works better for me than "show me your ID".
>>

>> Mark William Rabiner
>

> Freud certainly knew what the id was and what identification was, but
> never expected to have to produce the id or show it.
>
> --

And I'm no Heterophobe, Henning a Heteronym is a word which is spelt the
same but sounds different. And also means different I'm sure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homonym

Check the color wheel and you will see
We are in the yellow area.
Like yellow snow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Homograph_homophone_venn_diagram.png

But actually what we are talking about is when we make a word out of an
acronym instead of just saying out the individual letters.
And people get all mad you do that. The one thing instead of the other.

" spelt " is a word which I like but doesn't really exist.
I like it because its spelt wrong. Do I care?
But spelt  also an extinct grain from Switzerland, Tyrol and Germany from
the middle ages. But you can get now. Proving its always what you don't
think.

Mark William Rabiner