Subject: [Leica] A little book to carry in my camera bag
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:05:51 -0500

> 2010-01-12-01:09:49 Nathan Wajsman:
>> The purpose of this book is very specific (hence its small 7x7 inch
>> size): to carry it in my camera bag at all times, so that when
>> someone asks about my photography, I can just whip it out and show
>> them.
>
> That's a great idea.  I forget whether I first heard the idea of a
> print-on-demand book (rather than, say, a little portfolio one printed
> oneself) for this purpose from you or someone else, but it continues
> to make sense.  For those times you get those "why you pointing that
> camera at me?" moments.  I think the Rabs was talking awhile ago about
> having made a hand-printed little portfolio for this, some years
> back.  Dunno if he continues the practice.
>
> And it just looks like a nice little book, besides.  It'll be
> interesting to see if other people buy it.
>
>  -J

I always have a short stack of 5x7's with me in my side black canvas Domke
bag at all times.
I have them in a paper box not a black box like I like but they're too
thick.
The box I get my paper in holds 25 sheets of
5x7 Entrada rag natural or bright 190 Moab by legion paper.
I think I've got 30 or 40 print in it though.
I used to carry 4x5's with me. For years.
So the 5x7s seem very ample.
I can use quality paper without the financial squeeze.
I end up pulling out the box and showing them to somebody at least once a
week. Sometimes these are people in publishing or art directors of some
kind.
The 7x7 Moab book would be ideal. Size wise.
And I could just give it to the person I'm talking too replacing it with a
spare I have back in my apparent when I got back here.

Book vs. box o prints there are both pros and cons.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] A little book to carry in my camera bag)