Subject: [Leica] C/V 50/1.1 comment?
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:03:09 +0000

I've had one for a few months now and I really like it.
It's quite heavy and compared to either a 50 Summicron or Summilux it's
huge.
Wide-open, results are variable, but I put that down to operator error
rather than issues with the lens.  The Bokeh isn't to everyone's taste,
but I think the same can be said for all versions of the Noctilux.

I use mine on my M8.  It's definitely worthwhile getting a viewfinder
magnifier to help nail the focus.

This shot was taken wide-open at a traction engine rally last summer.

http://www.monomagic.co.uk/gallery.php?gallery=paw/2009&image=2009-week35-1.jpg

If you want a fast 50, then it's definitely worth a serious look - at
the price, I think it represents superb value for money.

I did email Erwin about testing the lens and he said he would test it
when he gets hold of a sample.

There is a review by Steve Huff on his website
I think the URL is http://www.stevehuffphoto.com

Hope this helps

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts