Subject: [Leica] No photography in Museum
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:09:06 -0500

I wonder how much those museum visitors without cameras are permitted to
> stand in front of paintings or scupltures? Perhaps having a camera doesn't
> always mean creating a back-up in traffic flow. This past summer in the
> Vatican Museum, I had a camera and took many pictures but my walk through
> the
> museum was periodically impeded by those just standing and looking -
> without
> cameras.

That's an insult to the art don't those people know they're supposed to keep
moving at a steady pace!!?!?
I was just reading Dorothea Lange: A Life Beyond Limits
by Linda Gordon
(here she is using a Graflex on top of a car
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6f/Lange_car.jpg  )

She was talking about the Family of Man exhibit which Lange had a hand in
with Steichen.
There was a shot of a lynching. They took it out because of the bottleneck
it made in crowd control. The director of the show. Not Steichen or Lange of
coarse.

Gotta keep em moving!

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] No photography in Museum)