Subject: [Leica] SD card will wirelessly upload your photos as you shoot
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:01:24 -0500

The "craft of photojournalism" hasn't changed much since "F8 and Be There"
The former is now fully automated; the latter is what determines success.
If a newspaper can satisfy its readers with an amateur-based shot from a
crowd, why not?  The question is: can the readers tell the difference?
These days an amateur picture is often as sharp and well-framed as a pro
picture--perhaps moreso because of the chance of proximity to the desired
subject. Amateurs can also send images fast.
These days, newspapers (as well as any other business) will only spend money
for a service if it's absolutely necessary.  With the automation and speed
of digital imaging, many services that heretofore required professional
photographers can now be done by amateurs.

Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA