Subject: [Leica] No photography in Museum
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 10:18:06 -0500

>>  Any one on the list with some deeper insight.
>>
>>ernie
>
>They want to sell you their own photos and slides in the gift shop.
>
>Tina

Or, in this case, they may have wanted people looking for photos of the
Picasso in its temporary location to have to go through the museum's website
to see them, or through a specific third party paying for "exclusive" rights
to images of the event. I'm not a museum director, but I can think of lots
of reasons that one might want to keep people from photographing what's in
their building.