Subject: [Leica] Layering
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 20:55:46 -0500

>>> Yep you need to get CS4, ACR5.6 and LR2.6. Ideally they should be
>>> synchronised. Some people are reporting that LR2.6 is crashing with M9
>>> DNGs
>>> for some unexplained reason. I am not seeing that but ACR seems to have
>>> problems here saving DNG edits after they have been opened in LR. I
>>> have a
>>> M9 camera calibration profile I made with the original Adobe method, if
>>> you
>>> would like a copy.
>>
>> LR 2.6 is crashing with the large blad and m9 images. CS4 is a bit too
>> expensive now that I've put the money into so much else this "season". I
>> was waiting for CS5 the idea being that I update each second version,
>> but
>> its getting hard. Does ACR5.6 work with CS3? and yes I would like a copy
>> and I would like to know how why to use it ;-)
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> alastair
>>

> So having spent tens of thousands on high end digital camera gear and not
> the slightest inclination to get the software to open a file you take with
> it what are you planning on doing?
>

> Mark William Rabiner

Phocus will open the files (came with the back), LR opens the files (and
I'm hoping that LR3 will come with the M9) and CS3 can handle them with
some work arounds: its the "auto" features like export to PS which cause
hiccoughs and since I don't often (as we have discussed) use PS I can't
see a reason to spend money on that just now. So I'm planning on
continuing to have fun, planning to continue to learn how to photograph
first and compute later. No rush. Can't do everything.

Cheers

Alastair