Subject: [Leica] IMG: Afghanistan followup
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 16:44:04 -0500

Thanks for this, I recently saw an exhibition of images of a guy who had
travelled all over Afganistan. For "artistic" reasons, he did all his work
on pin hole roll film cameras. What a shame was all I could think (and for
once Helen agreed) that these simply wonderful images that the world
should see are blurred OOF representations when a simple M would have
brought home the bacon.

There is good pin hole work, don't get me wrong, but taking crappy
pictures because the country was "crappy" (his concept was more that the
images required "luck" as did much of life in the country) seemed a sad
waste of a wonderful adventurous journey.

Each to his own

Cheers

Alastair