Subject: [Leica] How to avoid flash problems...
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:17:05 -0600

I was glad to see that thread on flash.  I have Canon DSLR's and bought
Canon flashes (420EX and 580EX) and could never get good results with TTL
settings.  But, if I just set everything on manual, it was pretty easy.  I
set the camera on 1/200 and 5.6.  If the histogram doesn't look right, just
dial the flash power up or down.  That plus a Better Bounce Card or a Fong
dome.  Probably not the way a pro would do it, but then I use flash about
twice a year and this way it is idiot proof (for snaps).

Best Regards,

Ken Carney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
www.kencarney.com