Subject: [Leica] D700 added to ISO testing folder
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:15:36 -0500

> Agree also. I'd be much more impressed with improved dynamic range
> (non-HDR).
>  Bob Adler
> Palo Alto, CA
> http://www.rgaphoto.com

The cameras with the biggest pixel pitch are not the super cameras
The cameras with the biggest pixel pitch  are the ones with the over the top
ISO's. These are the same ones you'd also want if your first need and desire
was high dynamic range. Those are the street shooter specials. Not the
catalog cameras.
We need a M9 with a bigger  pixel pitch  for the buck.
That will give us BOTH a higher dynamic range and higher iso count.

And I'm sure we'll get it in very few months.

Especially because as is the M9 could  maybe NOT capture the imagination  of
the top street shooters out there now.

We need a 12 megapixels.
Not 18.

Mark William Rabiner

Are we going to use an M9 to shoot catalogs? We could but the smarter thing
to do would be to rent one of those new S2's made by this company called
"Leica". I think they're out of Germany.
We need the M9 for street shooting. And its not exactly tweaked for that.