Subject: [Leica] D700 added to ISO testing folder
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:40:48 -0500

I don't know, but I wouldn't think it could be much. For one thing, if it
were that simple, why wouldn't Leica adopt the same design? For another, the
noise escalates similarly with increasing ISO, which I think must be due to
electronic noise; if due to a filter design, wouldn't it be constant?
Electronic noise is known to increase with increasing ISO, and it's known
that CCD sensors are more susceptible than CMOS. So it all makes sense.

Any experts?

?howard