Subject: [Leica] Odd digital M flash behavior
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 10:23:39 +1000

Dante, I looked at this a while back and ended up just using the old
fashioned 'dumb' auto flash exposure mode with only synch from the camera
(and manually set speed). I think you need the M5 variant of the SCA 3502
module. Not sure which you have? btw I found the Nikon SC-17 off camera lead
transferred all functions properly (as did one of the rarer Contax leads).
>From LFI:
You need the flash operation set to "M" not "TTL". The "GNC" daylight. The
"GN" switch behind the flap on the SCA base is irrelevant as is the GN-LED
The whole GNC concept seems awkward to me, but then I've done VERY little
with it. My dealer just loaned me two studio flashes and soft boxes etc to
play with for a week or so. Pray for me.