Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 -- too fragile for the real world - or don't sweat while using it...
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:14:11 -0600

I suspect that, with that warranty language, your camera will
eventually return to you, repaired at no charge.
However, it will probably take some time Leica Camera Ltd. and Solms
to sort out their settlement of the matter.

Definitely not fun.

I'm curious if this camera was a "demo"
or brand new in sealed OEM packaging?

While I have no doubt that you know what you did or did not spill on it;
I wonder if it was ever exposed to something before you received it.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com