Subject: [Leica] Bob's blog
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:20:20 -0600

Mostly the blogging software runs on the hosting server, not your
home computer, so it doesn't matter whether you're running
Windows/MacOS/Linux/godonlyknows.

I like wordpress, myself, and if you use the free wordpress.com
hosting service they handle all the backend stuff for you.  The
downside is of course that you have only a limited number of skins
and styles... but there's a good selection and the price is right.

There are apps, usually browser-based, that some people think make
posting somewhat eaiser, but they're not really necessary.
Personally I don't think they're all that helpful, although I have
experimented with a couple.  I'd rather use the word processor for
text, my usual photo software for pix,  and do the layout work when I
get to a nice cafe' with wifi...

Quoth the Steve Barbour :

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee at rcmckee.com
P O Box 571900                           voice/fax   713/783-3502
Houston, TX 77257-1900                   cell phone #  on request

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Bob's blog)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Bob's blog)
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Bob's blog)