Subject: [Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 13:50:46 +1000

OK then Dante. That would be a problem with those Cosina Voigtlander lenses
then, not Leica ;-) No worries.
I'd also seen a comment from PopFlash that Zeiss are not recommending their
ZM 4.5 21 on the M9 (but all other ZM lenses OK). I understand that the
latest free Cornerfix works well with that one (as it does with the
asymmetric overcorrection that has been reported with some samples of the
Elmar 18. I read that Leica engineers have seen the testing and samples
reported on that. Perhaps it will be addressed in the next firmware release.

I sold my ZM 18 (and that 21) a while back so I can't comment from
experience on those. I'm happy with 24 as my widest now on the M9 (which is
why I had the 18 for my M8).

Replies: Reply from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?)
Message from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] M9 Internal IR-Cut filter make the camera fragile to use?)