Subject: [Leica] Breaking IR cover glass on the M9
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:26:05 +0100

I know what you mean, Douglas. Working in an institution where the clients
can and do communicate with us in all 22 languages of the EU, and having 5
main working languages (English, Spanish, German, French, Italian) I too see
a lot of funny translations, and the word "delay" inappropriately used to
translate the French "delai" to mean "length of time something takes".

Although right now, "delay" is probably just about right. I sent my M8 to
Solms for a repair of the main switch, it arrived there 11 days ago, and so
far the status in their repair tracking system continues to show that the
camera was accepted for repair on 8/12 with no further updates since then. I
think they have all gone to K?ln for the Christmas market :-)

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain