Subject: [Leica] Levels of critique
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:36:43 -0500 (EST)

George Lottermoser wrote:

>I'm delighted that you enjoyed it Ted.
>
>I also enjoyed thinking about,
>and reviewing some of Doug Herr's work;
>then attempting to put my thoughts
>into some reasonable form.
>
>Regards,
>George Lottermoser
>george at imagist.com
>http://www.imagist.com
>http://www.imagist.com/blog
>http://www.linkedin.com/in/imagist
>
>On Dec 17, 2009, at 9:08 PM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:
>
>> George an absolutely beautiful analysis of one of the greatest
>> photographers of the Crew!
>> It's so intellectually interestingly informative and descriptive of
>> it's subject it's quite wonderful!

George this is the level of critique that will do me the most good, thank
you!  I didn't like reading parts of it but it's accurate IMHO and
illustrates a few areas where I'd like to consistently improve my photos.

For example: I want less static compositions.  This doesn't mean action
photos, it means visually playful, appealing to the artist as well as to the
biologist.  Knowing how much time and thought I'd have to invest to produce
a comparable critique, I realize that this level of critique isn't something
I should expect all the time but I do appreciate it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Levels of critique)